The Path of Life

The Path of Life

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Clothed in majesty and glory


I am no photographer, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy "seeing what I can see" with a simple digital camera--trying to put a little frame around a corner of God's creation that normally goes unnoticed. Doing this really caught on during my trip to Europe last summer. Lately, I've been spending a lot of time in the early mornings in the monastery rock garden -- getting up close and personal. Sometimes, I am splendidly surprised. This butterfly showed up out of nowhere, and I prayed for it to remain still long enough for me to get a good shot off. Its juxtaposition with the globe in the background is mere happenstance. I just love this photo. It makes me want to sing lines from Psalm 104:

Bless the Lord, my soul!
Lord God, how great you are,
clothed in majesty and glory,
wrapped in light as in a robe!

How many are your works, O Lord!
In wisdom you have made them all.
The earth is full of your riches.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Brother Francis.

    This picture is just beautiful. I got to think of it at the moment my flight took off for a recent vacation in Scotland.

    Thank you for enjoying "seeing what you can see" with that camera of yours. It gives pleasure to your readers.

    Tulle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tulle.

    I am glad you enjoyed it. The butterfly showed up at the right place and at the right time. A little moment of grace.

    PAX
    Br. Francis

    ReplyDelete