The Path of Life

The Path of Life

Monday, October 24, 2011

Goose Island


We have four small lakes on the main campus of Saint Meinrad Archabbey. Whenever I go for walks (which is almost daily), I usually find myself along one of them. They are beautiful, peaceful places to pray or just watch and appreciate various species of wildlife do whatever it is they are doing. I ran across these Canada geese over the weekend -- about two dozen of them in all. They had taken over a small peninsula of sorts that reaches out into one of the lakes at the edge of the property. From there, they launched out into the water, milled around along the shore catching up on the latest "goose-ip," or just honked for no other reason than to honk. Just being geese.

1 comment:

  1. "Catching up on the latest 'goose-up'." That made me laugh. Thanks for sharing this simple beauty, Brother.

    ReplyDelete