The Path of Life

The Path of Life

Friday, December 2, 2011

God: "May I have a word?"


December 4, 2011
Second Sunday of Advent--B

Isaiah 40: 1-5, 9-11
2Peter 3:8-14
Mark 1:1-8

“I give comfort to you,” says your God.

“I speak tenderly to you.”

“Your service is at an end. Your guilt is expiated.”

“Every valley of sorrow shall be filled in, every mountain and hill of difficulty shall be made low.”

“You shall see the glory of the Lord being revealed.”

“I am coming, with all my power.”

“Like a shepherd feeds his flock, I gather you in my arms and lead you.”

“I am patient and faithful, and do not wish that anyone should perish, but I will come and the heavens will pass away with a mighty roar, and I will establish new heavens and a new earth filled with righteousness.”

“So, I ask you: What sort of persons out you to be, as you wait for and hasten the coming of the day of the Lord?”

“As you wait, be eager to be found without spot or blemish. Be at peace. Prepare the way of the Lord. Make straight my paths.”

“You are not alone. I have baptized you with the Holy Spirit.”

“Share this good news. Shout: ‘Here is your God!’ ”

No comments:

Post a Comment