The Path of Life

The Path of Life

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Upcoming...


A little bit of news to share: Effective January 1, 2015, I have been appointed as secretary to the Archabbot, and so will be leaving my position as editor of Abbey Press’ Path of Life Publications. However, I will continue to occasionally write for the Publications Division when needed, and also continue my work with the Saint Meinrad oblate program and in the ministry of spiritual direction (in addition to serving a number of directees, I also am completing studies in the spiritual direction graduate certificate program in the school here). Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to write for other venues as well.

In addition, I plan to continue operating this blog, under its current name—so there will be no change in that regard. Path of Life Publications, a publishing imprint of Abbey Press which I helped start up a few years ago, will also continue to operate (though without my involvement). Path of Life Publications will continue to link to my blog (and vice-versa).

Although I am grateful for the new appointment, I will leave the Abbey Press with mixed feelings. Having worked at the Press for more than seven years (which includes the time I spent helping out as a candidate in the monastery in the fall of 2006), I have had the opportunity to be part of a number of worthwhile projects, and have gotten to know quite well probably the best overall group of co-workers I’ve ever had. I continue to pray for the success and well-being of all these.

Time, however, marches on, and I’m very much looking forward to serving the Archabbot and the monastery as secretary. It also is hoped that this new position will afford some flexibility for my other responsibilities on the Hill, and provide the opportunity to focus a little more on my writing. It will be a good change, I think.

Postings here are likely to be somewhat scarce in the next few weeks, however, as I wrap up a few remaining projects at the Press, clean out my office (where did all the stuff come from?!), learn my new job, move into my new office, and also complete several class assignments due by the end of the year. In the meantime, I thank you for your prayers and support, and wish you a Blessed Advent and Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment